Insurance Benefit Verification
Since payment for services is ultimately your responsibility, we recommend calling the number on the back of your insurance card and asking them the questions below.
- Does my plan cover nutrition counseling, procedure codes 97802 and 97803?
- Is nutrition counseling covered as a preventive benefit?
If so, are there certain criteria that must be met to qualify (e.g. "obesity" or cardiovascular risk factors)?
- Is nutrition counseling covered as a medical benefit?
If so, are there any excluded diagnoses?
Do I have a deductible to meet before insurance will pay?
Will I have a copay/ coinsurance?
- Do I need a referral or prior-authorization?
Note that a referral is ALWAYS needed for any type of Medicare plan. Pre-authorization is required for Kaiser HMO.
- Is nutrition counseling covered when via telehealth?
- How many visits are allowed?
- Is the provider I'm seeing at Dandelion Nutrition in-network? Our NPI numbers are listed below if they ask.
Crystal Franck 1952818502
Emily Izer 1306425194
Geanna Revell 1447809199
Hannah Robinson 1598228363
Jamie Clayton 1265921548
Marlene Hillyer 1336442334
Morgan McDonnell 1407444342
Raven Bonnar-Pizzorno 1861648420
Stephanie Voytek 1194341339
- Write down the date and reference number for your call.
If you'd like us to screen for any known issues with your plan, feel free to upload the card images below and we'll let you know our experience to date with the plan.