Geanna Revell MS, RDN (she/her)
I’ve always been interested in food. After getting my undergrad degree at a small liberal arts college, I worked in public libraries as a library assistant for eight years. During that time, I dabbled around with making allergen-free baked goods and, with the encouragement of others, started my own bakery. After two years of running the bakery and being the sole baker, I decided that I loved to talk about food but I didn’t love selling it, and that’s when I decided to return to school for my master’s degree in nutrition. Hard work paid off five years later (after having a completely non-science background, I had a lot of prerequisites to take!), and I am now a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. I love everything about nutrition, but I especially love the fact that our bodies are insanely smart, and our biochemistry has evolved to digest and utilize the food that we eat every day.
Like many people, I grew up with food rules and disordered and restrictive eating. I went on fad diets and restricted my intake starting in middle school, and up until my early 30’s. During my graduate program at Bastyr University, I discovered the practice of Intuitive Eating and the philosophy of Health at Every Size, and these factors helped me heal my disordered relationship with food. My passion today is to help others heal their own relationships with food, especially in light of the constant bombardment of diet culture, and without focusing on the number on a scale. I do this utilizing Intuitive Eating as well as integrative and functional nutrition. I am especially interested in helping chronic dieters and folks with a history of disordered eating, and folks with diabetes and insulin resistance.
Specialty Practice Areas:
- Disordered eating and chronic dieting
- Diabetes and insulin resistance (including prediabetes, metabolic syndrome, and gestational diabetes)
- Intuitive eating
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN #86063858)
- Washington State Certified Dietitian (CD #DI60895570)
- Oregon State Licensed Dietitian (LD #D10204982)
- 1200+ hours of supervised practice through Bastyr University Dietetic Internship
- MS in Nutrition from Bastyr University
- BA in Religion from Whitworth University