Emily Matson MS, RDN, CLT
Prior to deciding to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, I was working in an all natural pet food store. I spent my days learning about optimal nutrition for cats and dogs and applying that knowledge by helping my customers’ pets heal from skin and gastrointestinal disorders. After some time doing this, I realized that if I could improve the health of pets through diet improvement, I should be able to do the same for people too! This passion for nutrition led me to enroll in the Master of Science in Nutrition program at Bastyr University. We balanced our study of nutrition between strong evidence-based science and an integrative approach to patient care.
Between working as a student clinician at the Bastyr Center for Natural Health and my various experiences through my dietetic internship, I developed an interest in using an integrative and functional approach to digestive health and overall wellness. I continue to use this philosophy for nutrition counseling for all conditions including diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Specialty Practice Areas:
- Prenatal and maternal nutrition
- Gastrointestinal disorders (IBS, Crohn's, UC, SIBO, etc.)
- Food sensitivities associated with a variety of inflammatory and auto-immune conditions
- Diabetes, insulin resistance, and metabolic health
- Pediatric nutrition (age 2+)
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN #86082764)
- Washington State Certified Dietitian (CD #DI60847307)
- Certified LEAP Therapist (CLT)
- 1200+ hours of supervised practice through University of Michigan School of Public Health Dietetic Internship
- MS in Nutrition from Bastyr University
- BS in Biology from Western Washington University